Who is this training for ?
This online course is perfect for those seeking a thorough introduction to the world of wines.
How does it work ?
Your training : 5 weeks of training online
Your exam : your exam can be taken online or in person (Paris or Marseille)
Exams are held every month and you can choose your exam date (within 12 months)
Registrations are closing 10 working days before the start of a session
What’s covered ?
Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties.
- The style and quality of wines made from 22 regionally important grape varieties produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
A one-hour final exam will take place. To obtain your certification, you will have to correctly answer 55% of the 50 multiple-choice questions. You will receive your result by email about 8 weeks after your exam date. Your certificate and pin will then be mailed to you.
The success rate of our students in this exam is 100%. You can retake the exam if you do not pass for a fee of 100 euros.
Pre-requisite and accessibility
This training does not require prior knowledge of wine. You must be 18 years old to register. Excellent comprehension and writing in the selected language are also encouraged to follow the course.
Our trainings are accessible to disabled persons. If you have a disability or require special adaptations that fall within our scope of action, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will study together the best possible solution.
By registering you acknowledge having read and accepted our general conditions of sale and internal rules.
Participants rated their overall satisfaction at 4.8/5