Who is this training for ?
This course is perfect for beginners seeking a thorough introduction to the world of wines.
How does it work ?
The WSET level 2 in wine includes 18 hours of course in the classroom, taught by WSET certified trainers, and 12 hours of personal study. Your teaching material will be given to you when registering, to allow you to prepare for your session. You will find the essential points covered during training, as well as tasting grids and self-assessment exercises.
What’s covered ?
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties.
- The style and quality of wines made from 22 regionally important grape varieties produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of sparkling wines and fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
At the end of the 16 hours of lessons, you will be assessed on the knowledge acquired during a closed book test. You will need to answer 50 multiple choice questions in an hour.
To get your WSET 2 certificate in wine, you will have to answer 55% of the questions correctly. The success rate for the exam by Weeno in 2021 is 98% (94% received their certification with mention).
In the event that you fail the exam, it is possible to take it again. The cost of registration for a re-sit is 100 euros.
Pre-requisite and accessibility
This training does not require prior knowledge of wine. You must be 18 years old to register. Excellent comprehension and writing in the selected language are also encouraged to follow the course.
Our trainings are accessible to disabled persons. If you have a disability or require special adaptations that fall within our scope of action, please contact us at email@example.com. We will study together the best possible solution.
By registering you acknowledge having read and accepted our general conditions of sale and internal rules.
The participants awarded a global satisfaction note of 4.8/5